Getting a Library Card
To register for a library card, you will need to provide proof of Fort Lee residency, with one of the following showing a Fort Lee address:
- A valid New Jersey driver’s license
- A bank statement
- A credit card bill
- A rental lease
- A tax bill
What You Can Do with It
- Borrowing of books, CDs, and DVDs from the Fort Lee Library’s collection. This includes over 10,000 items from the world language collection in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish
- Access to borrow items from the collections of 76 libraries in the Bergen County Cooperative Library System (BCCLS)
- Placing of requests through JerseyCat, a statewide interlibrary loan program (does not include BCCLS).
- Access to your library account
- Borrowing of Museum Passes
- Access to programs for children, teens and adults
- Access to wifi and use public computer workstations
- Adult and teen volunteer opportunities
- Access to Fort Lee & BCCLS ebooks, eaudio, evideo & emagazine and online databases
- A valid library card must be presented in order to borrow any library materials.
- There is a limit of 50 items total per library card.
- There is a limit of 7 DVDs per card.
- Items may be returned at the Fort Lee Library or any BCCLS Library.
- Late fees do not accrue on holidays or other days the Library is closed.
- You may check your account online to view due dates and renew items.
- Borrowing privileges will be restricted if there are fees over $10.00 on any library card.
- Late fees and lost items can be paid in person at the library by cash or check.
|Item Type||Loan period||Renewals||Fine Free until 12/31/2021!|
|Books: Adult Fiction, Non-Fiction and Children’s||28 days||2|
|New Books: Adult Fiction & Non-Fiction||14 days||1|
|Audiobooks, CDs and Playaways: Adult and Children’s||28 days||2|
|High Demand DVDs & Blu-Ray||7 days||1|
|Video Games||14 days||2|