Children’s Events at FLPL
The Children’s Room offers storytime classes for ages 0-5. Registration is required and limited. You can register in person or over the phone ( 201-592-3615 ext. 4011) beginning on the designated date at 9:30am. Please keep in mind that some classes will fill quickly. If you have been placed on a wait list, a member of the Youth Services staff will contact you if a space opens.
Join us for a lapsit class featuring fingerplays, songs, rhymes and short stories.
2 year olds
Movement, songs and stories for toddlers and caregivers.
3-5 year olds
Books, songs and crafts for preschool children who are ready for more independence.
There are many benefits of Storytime
- Foster a love of language and books
- Provide your child with a group experience where they can interact with other children
- Encourage an increased attention span
- Provide a positive introduction to the library
- Have fun!
A few things to remember at Storytime
- We offer weekly story times for ages 0-5. Programs are designed for specific developmental levels, so we ask that you respect the designated age range for each class.
- Please try your best to arrive on time. The meeting room is open before class so you and your child have time to settle in.
- Your participation is very important. It is beneficial to all when parents participate. Children will follow your example, so please use the beginning or end of our class to chat with other parents and select books to bring home.
- Repetition and routine are important and enjoyable for very young children. This is why we will rotate some rhymes and activities throughout the class. Whenever possible, practice rhymes with your child at home.
- The best way to reinforce what your child has learned and to promote his/her literacy is by borrowing books on a regular basis. This age is the perfect time to introduce children to the joy of books and reading.