Getting a Library Card
To show proof of Fort Lee residency, the following will be accepted:
- A valid New Jersey driver’s license showing a Fort Lee address
One of the following:
- A bank statement showing a Fort Lee address
- A credit card bill showing a Fort Lee address
- A rental lease showing a Fort Lee address
- A tax bill from the Borough of Fort Lee
What You Can Do with It:
- Borrow books, eBooks, CDs, and DVDs from any of the 76 libraries in the Bergen County Cooperative Library System (BCCLS)
- Get internet access through the public computers at the Fort Lee Library and other libraries in the BCCLS system
- Access your Library Account
- Use any of the many databases provided on the Fort Lee Library website
- Request items
|ITEM TYPE||LOAN PERIOD||RENEWALS||LATE FEE
|Books: Adult Fiction, Non-Fiction and Children’s||28 days||2||$0.10/day
|New Books: Adult Fiction & Non-Fiction||14 days||1||$0.10/day
|Audiobooks, CDs and Playaways: Adult and Children’s||28 days||2||$0.10/day
|DVDs: Adult and Children’s||14 days||1||$1.00/day
|High Demand DVDs & BluRay||7 days||1||$1.00/day|
|Video Games||14 days||2||$1.00/day|
- A valid library card must be presented in order to borrow any library materials.
- There is a limit of 50 items total per library card.
- There is a limit of 7 DVDs per card.
- Items may be returned at the Fort Lee Library or any BCCLS Library.
- Late fees do not accrue on holidays or other days the Library is closed.
- You may check your account online to view due dates and renew items.
- Borrowing privileges will be restricted if there are fees over $10.00 on any library card.
- Late fees and lost items can be paid in person at the library by cash or check.